Medicare Supplement Plan
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease. It is made up of two parts: Part A (for hospital expenses) and Part B (for medical and preventative services).
By itself, Medicare doesn't cover all of your medical expenses. In fact, Medicare is designed to cover only 80% of your medical costs. The remaining 20% is your financial responsibility. You're paying for out-of-pocket costs such as inpatient hospital stays, deductibles, co-payments, durable medical equipment and doctor services. These can easily add up to thousands of dollars out of your pocket. A Medicare Supplement Insurance plan may help protect your savings and peace of mind.
One of the benefits of pairing a Medicare supplement insurance plan with Medicare is the flexibility. You can use any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare, and you are not limited by a network.
If you do choose a Medicare Supplement, it is important to add an additional Part D plan to cover your Prescriptions. Medicare Supplement plans do not include Prescription Drug Coverage.
You are able to explore all of your options with various carriers. You do not have to have the same carrier for your Medicare Supplement and Prescription Drug Plan.